Why is MaxMicrobe consortium of microbes unmatched in the market?
- 8 strains of nitrogen fixing microbes
- 5 strains that solubilize phosphorus
- 7 spore forming bacillus microbes
- Several proprietary strains which capture iron and make it available to the plant
- Several proprietary strains that digest indigestible plant residue
- Several proprietary strains that produce vitamins
MaxMicrobe main microbial players:
Azospirillum brasilense – A nitrogen fixer, fixes nitrogen from the atmosphere – confers tolerance to abiotic and biotic stress (abiotic stress – non-living i.e. high wind, drought, flood, extreme temps – biotic stress – living i.e. fungal, bacterial, insects). Azospirillum brasilense is known for its nitrogen fixing ability but will not fix nitrogen in a nitrogen rich environment, only fixes nitrogen when plant calls for it through root exudates. Will not fix too much nitrogen.
Bacillus altitudinis – A PGPR (plant growth promoting rhizobacteria) which is great for healthy plant growth through production of hormones but also great for suppression of fungal disease. MaxMicrobe used in conjunction with a premium enzyme like SLF, may play crucial role in fighting off root rot issues. SLF brings enzymes readily available to break down root rot while Max Microbe bringing altitudinis for colonization and ongoing protection.
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens – Has a strong ability to adapt to any environment and pass that adaptation onto host plant. Helps in crop protection – part of a healthy IPM protocol – not harmful to beneficials including earthworms.
Bacillus licheniformis – A PGPR. This hormone is absolutely necessary for normal growth and delivered via bacteria will only create a natural growth pattern in a plant. There are natural inhibitors out there that can inhibit canopy growth, this will ensure that doesn’t happen.
Cellulomonas cellasea – A cellulose degrader, cycling nutrients and environmental build up. Instead of a harsh enzymes that will degrade cellulose and your microbes, these bacterial do it naturally. Enzymes are not alive and don’t know the difference between living cellulose and dead cellulose – bacteria are alive and will distinguish between the two. MaxMicrobe and a premium enzyme like SLF will work in conjunction to clean up dead roots and other organic debris in a growing environment.
Pseudomonas fluorescens – Very well studied PGPR. Improves plant health, induces systemic resistance, cycles nutrients. Cycles phosphorus – superior phosphate solubilizing ability.
Pseudomonas putida – Another very well studied PGPR, phosphate solubilizer, plant immunity, antagonizes pathogens.
Pseudomonas stutzeri – A PGPR, which has an amazing remediation ability can break down even the most complex items such as carbon tetrachloride. An anti fungal which fights fusarium, nitrogen fixer (diazatroph).
Streptomyces albidoflavus – PGPR, biocontrol, will colonize effectively the whole plant as will the Pseudomonas in Max Microbe (endophytic bacteria) delivering plant protection throughout the whole plant from various pathogens (phytopathogens) while increasing plant growth. Endophytes work in conjunction with mycorrhizae to stimulate plant growth and protect against abiotic and biotic stress. It is believed that endophytes like Streptomyces play critical roles in prevention of pest damage (biocontrol). Pseudomonas and Streptomyces together will produce insecticidal properties to protect plants, i.e jasmonic acid, ethylene or salicylic acid along with VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) to deter pests.
1. MaxMicrobe: Efficiencies increase through biology.
a. Humic and Fulvic acids slow released carbons
c. Growth Regulators
d. IBA’s & IAA’s
e. Nitrogen and phosphate facilitators
2. Live biologicals interact specifically with plants and plants are designed to feed the soil and microbe populations. This interaction creates an atmosphere around the roots of protection and the correct nutrients for the plants to thrive. Plants give 50% of the sugars they create back to the soil in kind so the microbial population can thrive as well. By utilizing a very diverse community of microbes it tremendously enhances the signals that are communicated from the plants to the soil and vice versa. These signals are the building blocks of nutrient rich safe zones around the roots.
3. Aerobic & Anaerobic: In our consortium we have both plus some that can change if need to survive and flourish in times of great stress. We also have some spore formers which also insure our diversity.
4. Each microbe has been selected for a few reasons:
a. To be top in class for a particular responsibility
b. The ability to get along and not compete within the group
c. Non parthenogenetic
5. Redundancy is prevalent in the group because not all fields are the same; likewise not all plants are the same. This makes our blend extremely consistent from field to field and from plant to plant. We promote growth & health in virtually all circumstances during the life cycle.
6. Seed Coatings: Organisms make the plant germinate: MaxMicrobe creates the enzymes needed to degrade the shell on the seed and this in turn promotes much quicker germination. We then work with the plant to keep its natural immune system flourishing while promoting root growth for the plants so it can prosper immediately.
7. Best and most consistent place for MaxMicrobe:
a. On the seed
b. In furrow
c. Foliar mixed with chemicals and micro’s (ensure no lock up of nutrients and facilitates no drag on plants)
8. Elements of Plant Health:
a. Improved Roots
b. Micronutrients upon demand
c. Improved Leaf and Stem Mass
9. Our customers keep coming back and increasing orders year after year. MaxMicrobe’s consortium of microbiology was picked by three leading universities for studies along with other OMRI brands. OSU has now limited the trials they will perform to 5. We were chosen one of these products.
10. We have also shown a great ability to be able to nurture plants with little to no inputs applied for years. This is because of our ability to take what is in the soil, that previously was not soluble and make it available to plants. This also helps in mitigating run off which has become a hot topic in the farming environment.
11. We have seen the results but have not had certified studies done on being able to lower the nutrient value in our soils and still achieving greater success in yields because of the microbial blend in MaxMicrobe. These conditions also lead to less run off which keeps our waterways much healthier.